Resume Education Section
Perfect Way to Complete the Education Section on Your Resume
The education section is the most important part of your resume. Therefore, you must do this right to impress your potential employer. Using a quick resume maker is the first step in the right direction. For some people, it can be a piece of cake to write this section and for some people, it can be a big nuisance. The education section is one of the vital parts of your resume so we do not want you to mess it up because it is one of the easiest sections to perfect.
Where do I place the education section?
A perfect resume has a nice well thought out structure to it. This is soothing to the reader and creates a fine flow for your resume. Many people mess up in where to put the education section. A golden rule of a perfect resume is to impress the reader as soon as possible. Creating a positive impression, in the beginning, is better than creating it later. We make sure that our quick resume maker follows this rule.
If you are still a student and have less than 1 year of experience, make sure to add your education section before your work experience section. You will find the options in our quick resume maker.
However, if you have more than 1 year of experience and you think that your work experience is more impressive than your education then include your education section after your work experience.
Learn How to Start a Resume
What do I quickly include in my education section with resume maker?
Either everyone structures their education section on their resume incorrectly or they include too much or too little. We will give you some tips to follow using our quick resume maker. These will make sure you have the perfect resume.
- Always make sure to include the degree you are doing currently or the highest degree you have. Include your most recent degree even if it is still in progress.
- Write down the name of the institution and the location of the institute.
- If your degree is complete, include the date of your graduation, and if your degree is incomplete write down the expected date of graduation.
- Mention the name of your degree you are working on or have acquired.
- If your GPA is above 3.5 include it after your degree name
- If you have any extracurricular activities, internships, or programs you have taken in your time studying that degree includes that in the end.
What do employers want in the education section of your resume?
Every employer’s requirement is different. It depends on what type of job you are going for. If you are applying for a low or entry-level job, they will want to know about your college degree. However, if you were applying for a high-level job they would want to know about your high-level degree such as an MBA.
Your job may have different requirements that are usually listed. Make sure you abide by those requirements. If you do not, then your employer will automatically reject you without even reading your full resume. Our quick resume maker makes this easy for you.
There is one more thing, which many people have no idea about. Some employers do a background check on you. Never include something in your resume, which is not true. This will result in you instantly not getting a job. It will come out as you being a liar and create a bad image of you.
Tips to quickly make your Resume with Resume Maker
- Do you think you have a lot of information about your extracurricular accomplishments such as certificates, awards, and honors? Then, make sure to create subsections for them to include.
- Write about the internships you did, maybe you were a leader of a club or you got into an honors list. This will greatly increase your chances of getting the job and separate you from the others. This also gives structure to your resume. Using our quick resume maker takes care of this automatically so you do not have to bother about it.
- GPA is not important. If your GPA is lower than 3.5, never include it. If you have other accomplishments, do not include your GPA if you are not proud of it.
- Never lie in your resume. Just like we told you before you never know if they did a background check on you or not. If your GPA is not satisfactory, never make it up. Always be honest in your resume. Honesty wins over deceiving someone.
Here are some details and formats a standard resume would require:
- Institution Name
- Date of Graduation
- GPA(if over 3.5)
- Awards or Certifications
- Extracurricular activities
Build Resume Online had fields and dropdown options that take care of these details.
XYZ College 2010-2013
Bachelors in Computer Science
Awards and Certificates
Award for winning the XYZ tournament
Certificate of participation in XYZ
Enjoy Benefits of Using Our Quick Resume Maker
In the end, our main tip for you is to make sure that your resume is perfectly structured. Make sure it has a nice flow to it. If your employer can know what type of person you are from your resume then you have done a good job. Using a quick resume maker like Build Online Resume saves time because it eliminates designing stress and prevents mistakes.
Try our resume templates now. Unless you try them, you cannot be sure that they work for you.